Explore the Wildness at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Explore the world's largest animal theme park during your stay at BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista. Our Orlando hotel's location near Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park lets you relax and unwind in comfort after a day spent with animal encounters and musical productions. With complimentary shuttles to the theme park and tickets available for purchase at our hotel, we make it easy for you to discover the joys of Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park during your stay at BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel.Purchase Disney Tickets
Your Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Experience
As the largest theme park in the Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park is dedicated to nature and conservation with a combination of attractions, adventures and entertainment, as well as cutting-edge animal care, education and research facilities. Home to more than 1,700 animals on 500 acres, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park is divided into seven areas. Find out more about each of the areas below.
Rivers of Light
Enjoy the newest nighttime light and water show at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Starting April 22, 2016 you'll get to experience a story at sundown celebrating the kinship of all living beings in the Animal Kingdom. Learn more about the Rivers of Light show below.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Summer Events
- “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” - Show filled with songs from the film infused with an Indian influence!
- The Tree of Life Awakens - Experience the iconic Tree of Life as it undergoes an awakening of animal spirits throughout the evening by magical fireflies!
- Kilimanjaro Safaris After Dark - Enjoy a safari in evening hours with special lighting allowing guests to explore the savanna well into the night!
- Harambe Wildlife Parti - release your inner party animal and enjoy lively African Music, exotic foods and drinks while exploring the local marketplace!
- Discovery Island Carnivale - Discovery Island guests can join the local community and celebrate their love on nature at this party featuring music, dancers, slit walkers, food and much more!
- Nighttime Attractions - Enjoy attractions operating during nighttime hours. Guests will be able to experience exciting attractions like the Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids, only surrounded by darkness!
Animal Kingdom's Six Areas
Wallaby, barking deer, and exotic boar, oh my! When you visit Animal Kingdom's Oasis you can see all these curious creatures and more.
The iconic Animal Kingdom Tree of Life stands tall in the center of this area. Take a close look at the beautiful masterpiece featuring over 300 different animal carvings!
Take a thrilling expedition through the wild planes of Africa. Hike through Africa's frontier and explore animals in their natural environment. Hungry from the trek? Sample from the African-inspired snacks available in this area.
Rafiki's Planet Watch®
Learn about the preservation and care of all the wildlife living in Disney's Animal Kingdom at Rafiki's Planet Watch. Visit the Affection Section, an animal petting zoo, or take a discovery trail at Habitat Habit!
Discover the wonderous creatures of Southeast Asia on the self-guided tour through Animal Kingdom's Asia. Gibbons, Asian tigers, and blackbuck are just some of the animals you will see on your walk through this area.
Be transported back to a time when dinosaurs raomed the earth! Receive your mission from research control and it is up to you to complete the missin before the time runs out. Are you up for the callenge? Parents please note that Dinoland has loud sounds, dark scenes, and large dinosaurs that might be too scary for children.